DH 485 to serial PIC comm proplem

Other thing to be aware of with the PIC driver in RSLinx
- the max number if is important also. As suggested before, need to see how the PLC com port is set up. Not only baud rate and address, but the max number setting has to match. These are all things that the "auto configure' cant determine. You have to have all this set in RSLinx config to match the setup on PLC port.
- About only way to see how the SLC port is set up is to have a copy of the program. Or...get online to the SLC thru the other port.

If you can connect via the serial port (rs 232) pull a copy of the program
and post it here the only section we need is the area showing the port configuration. As we've already tried the common problems we need to look deeper and see if the RS485 port has been reconfigured via software or not

SLC 5/03 with PIC Converter

Can you try the following:
1. Launch the Rs linx in RS Linx Control Panel and stop the RS linx.
2. Uncheck the check box always run as service
3. Try to configure the PIC converter on this mode. If you were succesful on configuring the PIC converter during this step, then try communicating with you SLC-500

Are is sure you PIC device is working? there may be wirebreak in the ribboncable check for this damage? it is very usual damage with PIC device