Diagnosis of SCALANCE W-747

manmeetvirdi

Dear All,
I have attached the hardware configuration of the system.
My intention is to generate the alarm in scada when ethernet cable connecting CP343-1 and SCALANCE W-747 gets disconnected. For this Iam using SFC51 having tried various SSL-ID like SSL-ID W#16#0D91, SSL-ID W#16#00B1 etc but couldn't get it through. All the time RET_VAL comes up with error code.

Any input on this regard would be very helpful.

Thanks
Manmeet

diag.JPG

Hi there,
Well i was just thinking if I can use FB2 (Identify function block) for Scallance 747. If connection is OK then will get zero value in status word else I get non zero-value, what say? Has anybody given a try to this way of knowing if device is healthy or not? Will it work. Will give a try to this tomorrow.
How to calculate the ID value for this block is a mystery to me !!