Difference between EGCP2 and easyGen 3200

Raghu1

HI guys!
This is the first time I am here!
Would like know
1. We want to synchronize 3 , 600 KVA Gensets, later we may add another 600 KVA or higher.

Which is the best Woodward synchronizer suitable for Auto mains failure panel (AMF), Auto load sharing and synchronizing.

2. what is the differance between easyGen 3200 and EGCP2

Please suggest me the best configuration.

Thanks and Regards

Raghu
India

Use the EasyGen - it is the future direction and is cheaper. You can also get one without a screen. Lot less wiring as you can mmount it in the panel and not have to wire evrything to the door. Just use Modbus RTU to monitor everything into the PLC. They do have a remote screen on the way by the way. That will remove the need to wire evything to the door also.

My major objection to the EGCP2 is that you need a password to reset any alarms - absolute pain in the you know what when a set has shut down in the middle of the night..

Easygen 3200

please,
i need to monitor and control the Easygen 3200-5 since a PC located 60 meters far,
What port is the appropiate to use ??
RS 232 , RS 485 ??
The RS 232 works well with the Toolkit software,
Does the RS 485 need any software ?? i have trouble to communicate through this port
best regards,

I presume you are interfacing with a PLC - you do not mention.
Over that distance you will need to use either RS422 or RS485 - RS232 just won't cut it.
I have not used the RS485 port at this stage but it should work OK. Protocol is Modbus RTU. You will need to set up the port with the configuration software first. Then test the port with Modscan to see if you can communicate with it.
Watch out for A and B - A is generally negative but some manufacturers reverse A and B.

You will still need to use RS422 or RS485. You will also need software to talk Modbus RTU to the easYgen. I normally use Citect SCADA for this.