Differences between RSTrend & Trendx

ckchew666

Hi,

Anyone have any idea/summaries the diff. between RSTrend & TRendx (RSView)?

Appreatiate if there is any link to summarize out their differences. Tried to download their technical data sheet, but don't really understand the terms used for explaination.

Please help this NEWBIE!

Thanks,

Regards,
CK Chew

RSTrend is a stand alone package that I am not completely sure that Rockwell still distributes (for new purchases). It's functionallity has been combined into other products and the features greatly expanded.

TrendX is real similar to RSTrend except of course that it is an ActiveX and it relies on the data logging features built into RSView32. It has a fairly complete object model so you can manipulate the settings from run time with VBA code and it is fairly customizable by the end user if you enable modifications from runtime.

Darren

if not mistaken the RSTrend is more expensive than TrendX which is an add-on on RSView32. Then RSTrend should perform much better than TrendX. Thanks.

RSTrend does have some additional features, but if all you are trying to do is have a good looking graph of historical data that allows the operator to zoom in/out, pan, select date range, etc., then there is basically no difference between the two. The things you can do with RSTrend and not with TrendX can mostly be accomodated by some imaginative VBA scripting in RSView. Besides, I believe that Rockwell is now pushing RSHistorian, instead of the RSTrend product. There are many, many differences between TrendX and RSHistorian.

Darren

From what I understand, TrendX is the add-on in RSView32. It should be FOC when you purchase RSView32, correct me if i'm wrong, cause I don't see any list price for TrendX in list book. RSTrend cost about USD1.5k, yes, still selling by RSI.
RSTrend is a standalone product, which does not require RSView to trend data. Only RSLinx will do. But not sure which package, please update me if you guys know.
TrendX is an Active X components, must work with RSView32.