Different Drivers and motors motion sync in Rockwell Studio 5000

Ansonkiek

Hi currently my existing PLC using AB motor & driver to spin production, however customer want to another set, if this possible we use different drivers such as festo to achieve same volecity as motion sync start same speed , stop as the same time?

AB driver : 2097-v33pr3
Motor :TLY-A230T-HJ64AN

Festo Driver :CMMT-AS-C4-3A-MP-S1
Motor :EMMB-AS-60-04-K-S30SB

Below photo can see clear, existing only 1 ab motor drive the pulley and sometimes not turning well. we add new driver and motor wish to turn and drive together with existing driver and motor but different brand. it is possible to do that? currently I'm using Studio 5000, move absolute and velocity to ab driver. How to control another driver same timing of start , stop and same velocity. Any example different motor , driver brand do motion sync ?

i checked same brand such as festo can do sync master and slave for this, but this time around, the motor already installed on factory area.

Thanks

Attachments

• Driver Sync .png
    Driver Sync .png
    178.1 KB · Views: 13
Check in the Kinetix 300 Manual. You can set up the 300 as a Gearing follower, receiving an encoder input from the Festo. If the Festo has a similar follower mode, then just take the encoder signal from the Kinetix 300 motor, split it, and use it as a master to the Festo. Once upon a time, we used the 1756-MO2AE module to do this with analog position control to two drives, but the module is in end of life. Everything is moving to CIP motion control with AB.