diffrent vendors Codesys on same box

matthew1

I have two systems that use Codesys programming software. Unfortunately one system is Rexroth Indralogic the other ELAU Epas 4. Is there a way to load both software packages without conflict? A coworker did this and had some interesting results. Currently one is on my main OS and the other on an XP VM. I would like to get away from the vm.

From what I understand the only difference between the IDE's are targets and library's. Can either of these be exported?

Thank you for your time,

Matthew

The software is complete different, however in many cases the communication uses the same software, but with it own settings etc.
so i would recommend to use different systems,
Codesys makes a core and the companies put their own juice over it.

The software is complete different, however in many cases the communication uses the same software, but with it own settings etc.
so i would recommend to use different systems,
Codesys makes a core and the companies put their own juice over it.

Thank you for the information Shooter. guess Ill stay with the VM hopefully we don't get another vendor specific type. Limited to one VM

If possible at all, I would think that you would have to load Indraworks first and then try to add the ELAU targets to Indraworks.

Indraworks a is very complex and complete implementation of CODESYS with a lot of customization. If the other package is just logic then again, it MIGHT be possible.

But separate systems is the sure way to go

I thought a vendor once told me that when you install the someone's version of Codesys you can change the installation path to something other than default, and something that is unique. I had the impression this will isolate the variations you may have.

This is one of my grips with the manufactures that use Codesys, sell it like "It's based on Codesys, a standard platform that 50+ manufactures use!" They make it sound like this cool club, but you get it and find out it's been massaged and you have to pay for that vendor specific version and deal with isolating your installs.

it is same difference as a mercedes and a lamborghini, they both have 4 tires coming from bridgestone.
and codesys uses also some other directories to store info, so i am always carefull when installing software.