Direct PLC Dl05 controller with a 30 gpm flowmeter input

Thanks,
I am still learning the v memory registers on this plc. I belive I might have been using too low of a register base below v400 and finding out that the calibration numbers stored here are wiped out with power loss.
I need to store calibrations of flow for all of my setups. Should I be using the v400 to v677 range in case of power loss it will retain those memories with my battery backup.
Also more importantly can I write the whole program to eeprom so if the battery dies it can still recall the program without being completely lost minus calibrations?
I do not want the eeprom to overwrite the calibrations on every power up though. Just retain the program if battery fails.
Thanks so much. I am very new to Directsoft programming and you have helped me quite a bit. Allen Bradley has spoiled me.

I am reading that the only eeprom memory that is usable to save to is a handheld programmer is this correct or is there any kind of eeprom feature for the DL06?
A handheld programmer is not an option for the customer to use.
They will not have or need any access to the plc program anyway.
Also how long would you say the plc would retain its program with no power to the unit and a fresh battery installed.
I am going to use a low battery bit in the logic to indicate a fault light for battery low.
But if its sitting around for a long time with no power to it is my main concern.
Thanks,

Last edited:
Yes thank you.
I have just changed all the v memory locations from the lower registers to the retentative registers within the v400 to v677 range.

The program is stored in FLASH memory which does not need a battery to retain.

The battery is used to retain V memory which is stored in SRAM. A battery can last for several years depending on the environment that it is stored in. To be safe, we recommend changing the battery every year on a stored PLC.

Initiate scratchpad when switching the PLC to program mode?

If a PLC faults due to a memory register error is there a way to use the program / remote / run switch to initiate the scratchpad memory to get the system in run mode again. The memory files would need to be re-calibrated again but it will alow the system to be able to run again. Setting up AUX 31 to clear user memory registers maybe.
How would you write the logic to initiate this command from the program switch?
This is just an idea for any problems that could fault the PLC out as I will be a world away from this unit when it is installed.

Last edited:
I am concerned that this might not be a good way to deal with any CPU faults anyway due to the fact I could wipe out registers that I need to keep is making me re-evaluate the idea of clearing any memory at all.
Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks