directsoft32 dlo6

Another concern is the DL06 output type. A relay output won't like a fast clock. Contact bounce is another issue. The OPTO22 input can probably read a very short pulse. He could get multiple counts on each contact closure... :(

Let's hope motoman has transistor outputs... :nodi:

🍻

-Eric

Transistor outputs are where it's at.

It almost seems like overkill to throw a PLC in, but like you said, the 05 goes for $99. You can't buy much in hardware anymore in the way of counters, timers, etc. that doesn't cost that much.

fantastic

You guys are great, Don't know what I do with out you, probably write 300 lines of worthless code.
I Did get the 24 volt powered triac output model, I think it is DL0/6DD but not sure on that model #
I will give it a try and thanks again,
Russ

OK, I'm confused here. Most times that you are counting books, they are coming out of a binder(case or perfect bound) or out of a saddle stitcher. I've yet to have seen a single binder/stitcher that doesn't have a counter built in(ok, possibly one built before 1950). Why not just snag an existing signal and use it? Maybe I've missed something.

Dale