directsoft5 help

so it would look like this

v2000 = 12 ____________________________(out)

the equal command will allow me to enter v2000 but not 12. do i change a value on another "V" location lets say make v1000 12 so it would look like v2000 = v1000_____________________ (out)

You could do what you propose, making the comparison to a variable hour based on the contents of V1000.

To enter a constant amount as you wished, and it can only be on the right side of one of these comparison instructions, enter a letter 'K' then the number - e.g K12 (it comes from the German spelling of 'constant'.

looks like this: v2000 = K12------------------(out)
with k being min i want to change. question now is how come my v2000 doesnt change as time increases on plc clock. shouldnt the value of v2000 change as the minutes increase. whats happening is that now it keeps (out)engaged constantly.