Disconnect Fuse / CB

Sometimes a device will have a note like this “ Short-circuit rating achieved when used with respective fuse type and maximum fuse rating”

This is for an Eaton R9 type rotary disconnect switch. The 30A disconnect has a 100kA Short circuit rating with class J 30A fuses. Without it, you get the default rating for a switch which is 5 or 10 kA…

Ok - this makes the most sense so far. I hadn't been thinking about the SCCR of the disconnect itself - without the fuse.

the CB in the panel may not be necessary if there is a proper sized CB in the DB. But in my world customers would rarely pay any attention to, or provide for that.

I also typically have a few motors in a group installation to protect and I can size the CB appropriately for that.

Similar Topics

When installing a new machine on the factory floor, what determines whether the machine should have a disconnect or a fused hookup. Someone told...
Replies
Views
The past week we received a new piece of equipment from Germany which utilizes siemens controls. Typically in our company we use A.B. controls for...
Replies
Views
Here's what happened, Operator turned on the disconnect for an auger while it was still running to cut power. Auger DID in fact turn off, but the...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon PLCS.net! I have a very odd situation that is happening, and hoping someone has some insight. We have just laid out a new 10G...
Replies
Views
This question is about a Q68TD-G-H01. When I disconnect the thermocouple connected to channel 8 of the module, I am expecting D111.F to go TRUE...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom