Display CLX array UDT in a list on PV+

johnfarrugi

I have a CLX with an array(200) of UDT's consisting of 5 different data types. I'm looking to create a string in the pv consisting of some items in the UDT. I want to do that with every array item and then display all 200 in a list.

Here is how I have my array of UDT'd setup in the CLX:

array[0]
- item1 dint
- item2 real
- item3 string
array[1]
- item1 dint
- item2 real
- item3 string
array[3]
- item1 dint
- item2 real
- item3 string
array[4]
- item1 dint
- item2 real
- item3 string

I would like to create a list in the PV+ 600 that looks like this:

1 - array[0]item1, array[0]item2, array[0]item3
2 - array[1]item1, array[1]item2, array[1]item3
3 - array[3]item1, array[3]item2, array[3]item3
4 - array[4]item1, array[4]item2, array[4]item3

I know this can be done by inserting each line into a state in a list inducator and index the array number by 1 but its a long process. Is there an easier way to combine different data types and then display the entire array in a list?

Last edited:
A method I use is:
Tags are created in the PLC which the HMI looks at (in your case you would need 12). The PLC tags serve as a 'window' into the array that is to be displayed. Buttons are added (as needed) to the HMI screen to move up/down and/or page up/down in the list and code in the PLC moves data from the array into the tags the HMI monitors depending upon a pointer value which is of course incremented or decremented by the HMI up/down buttons.

Make sure that limit checking is put in place so as to not reference beyond the array boundaries and fault the processor.

Another nice 'little' feature is a message informing the user when the end of the list is reached.