Displaying PLC data on a website

Hello,

Is there any easy way of displaying data available on a SCADA system on a website. I would like to build an actual webpage rather than using a remote viewer application such as VNC, Teamviewer etc. I know that HTML is complicated to write and am not up to speed on it myself.

I was thinking of something like having ODBC connected to a database and building a website that pulls data from that database?

any suggestions would be a help

regards

Schneider Electric products usually have webservers built in; depending on the device, you can create your own webpage or just view some tags or somewhere in between.

Or, Inductive Automation makes a great product, Java based, and launched from the web. This would interface with your database easily.

Redlion products (HMIs, Master Controllers, or Data Stations) have webservers as well, so could display process data on a webpage.

Come to think of it, I think most scada systems have some type of webservices now.

Yes but I am trying to get a cheap or free solution out. there is a portal available in my system but it is basically a thin client. I would like an independent website if possible

Hello,

Is there any easy way of displaying data available on a SCADA system on a website. I would like to build an actual webpage rather than using a remote viewer application such as VNC, Teamviewer etc. I know that HTML is complicated to write and am not up to speed on it myself.

I was thinking of something like having ODBC connected to a database and building a website that pulls data from that database?

any suggestions would be a help

regards

I've used these guys' stuff in the past, with good results. Decent price too...
http://www.opclogger.com/

Skeet