Siemens Comfort Panel - Displaying PLC status

(8{)} ( .)

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all Siemens people.

I've been tearing my hair out with something that should be trivial. Siemens tech support seems to have been separated at birth from Microsoft tech support, if you get my drift.

All I have to do is display the PLC connection status (Green = Good, Red = Bad) on the screen and generate an alarm when the status is bad.

I've been through the Siemens documents but they don't line up with TIA portal. I'm using a Siemens TP1200 comfort panel with an S7-1200 controller.

Is there anyone out there who's done this or who can send me an example?

Thanks,

Yosi

Use the system event 140000 for setting an internal tag to ON, and system event 140001 for setting the same tag OFF.
Use the tag to visualize the connection status.

Use the system event 140000 for setting an internal tag to ON, and system event 140001 for setting the same tag OFF.
Use the tag to visualize the connection status.

Thanks Jesper.

That's what they keep telling me but I'm not a Siemens guru. Where do I find these events and how do I configure them?

Thanks again.

Yosi

Bratt/Jesper,

I never knew you could do that, thanks for the tip!

It is possible in WinCC flexible too but you have to tick an option to display the system messages. They are not shown default in flexible like they are in TIA.

Thank you Bratt. Such a simple explanation. Why couldn't Siemens have just pointed that out?

Yea, I bet they keep the answer on prominent display in a drawer in the basement in a room that has a "Beware of the Tiger" sign on the door...