Distant connection to a PLC through a 3G industrial modem

mahmoud_ics

Hi everybody,

I have a "REDLION, IndustrialPro Series Router, RAM-6000 Series Router" and i want to link it on an ethernet switch with an Allen Bradley Controllogix CPU and a PanelView.

I configured the distant link by having a private APN from an internet provider.

To have the possibility to read CPU data from a distant location, how can i proceed to configure it?

Is it necessary to install an HMI software in all distant equipment that will be used to read data?

Thank you in advance

If you have a private APN, you can only connect to your Controllogix/PanelView network remotely only if your computer (with HMI software or programming software) is connected to the same private APN on the cellular network. I am not sure if your cellular provider would give you VPN access from the general internet into their private network or not, you have to ask them.

A public APN would give you a public IP address, which would be accessible from any internet connection, but this is usually more expensive from the cellular provider.

The provider will give a private apn with a private fixed ip address.

The router has its web user interface with the possibility to configure IO by modbus addressing, but, in my architecture i do not have a read write module for modbus transfer data such as MCM module from Prosoft technology.

I want to know how can i proceed?

Well, instead of (or in addition to) the PanelView, it would be better to have a computer-based HMI (like FactoryTalk View, or CitectSCADA). Then you could install something like Teamviewer to remotely access the HMI computer from anywhere.