door interlocked disconnect on control panel

I've always been told NFPA Electrical Code requires 3 feet clear, and have been in a shop where a fire inspector made them move equipment because it was within 3 feet of a circuit breaker box.

I just remembered a caveat to 3 feet. "Or door swing if greater"

I had to help a shop disconnect a long machine that the control panel was a few sections of 3 foot tall by 4 foot wide single-door enclosures across the back.

They placed the machines 3 foot from the back wall but an inspector made them move them out more so the 4 foot wide doors could swing fully.

Similar Topics

Hi all. I am trying to find safety application examples for an inspection door with electromechanical interlock. I can find many door switches...
Replies
Views
I've noticed a strange behavior with certain rotary disconnects. We all know that, if installed correctly, the disconnect interlocks with the door...
Replies
Views
I have noticed that many HMI have a Nema rating of Mena 4/4X (indoor use only) Does anyone have any guesses as to what the constraints are that...
Replies
Views
Our system has S7 1516 F CPU. We have doors that have contactless safety doorcontact that is cat 4 ple rated. The sensor provides us with two...
Replies
Views
Was wondering what is everyone using for outdoor rated OIT/Panel View covers? OIT is mounted on a panel. Shade would be preferred as the panel is...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom