Doug

Agreed. It's been so long since I did this that I am foggy on the program logic side of things... I am working on a more precise sequence of events and will get back to you all. I really appreciate the help.

Doug

Ideal Programming for Eaton 512 DA-RC
Back ground of project:
4 12 v.d.c valves will be controlled by the PLC, on a common manifold. The PLC will be used to control the duration.
Initializing the event:
A Hobbs style pressure switch will be utilized. To date I have evaluated both a 4 p.s.i. and a 7 p.s.i. Normally Open (NO) variant. A 12 v.d.c. power lead connects from the main power bus to terminal 1 (T1) and T2 is connected to Input 1 (I1) on the 512 unit.
Known issues with Initialization in this configuration: During the transition from Timer 1 (T1) to T2, the water pressure spikes to max available (around 40 p.s.i.) causing the switch to cycle on-off.
Presumptive correction: IT would be ideal if the 12 v.d.c. signal to I1 could be momentary. That does not seem to be an option on the Easy Soft Basic Programming software I am currently using…
Sequence of Events: Upon reception of the Initialization signal from the Hobbs switch, Timer 1 (T1) makes contact for 5 minutes, then breaks contact. Then T2 for 5 minutes, then breaks, Then T3 for 5 minutes, then breaks, then T4 for 5 minutes then breaks. After T4 shut down, the unit turns off.
Known issues with shut down: In the current configuration, the Hobbs switch is still pressurized, so 12 v.d.c. is still at I1, meaning the cycle repeats…
Wish list: Be great if a countdown (or up) could be shown in the display during events).
Thank you all for you assistance!

Doug

This version is based on Lancies, with display added and a momentary rising edge pulse initiation, which requires the pressure switch to go off and on again to restart the cycle.

Steve

Steve and Lancie,
I just ran the program, and it works great! I really appreciate both of your work. If I can do anything for either of you, let me know.

Highest Regards!

Doug