Doug

Steve,
Thanks so much! I have not had time to do more than just look at the program. Our daughter is having our first grandbaby! Now! So will be in touch soon.

Doug

Good morning,

Finally back at home. I have a couple questions if you have time?
1. On the pressure switch start, how is the contact made? Does it go to ground, or to the 12 vdc?
Thanks so much for your help!

Doug

Good morning,

Finally back at home. I have a couple questions if you have time?
1. On the pressure switch start, how is the contact made? Does it go to ground, or to the 12 vdc?
Thanks so much for your help!

Doug

The pressure switch should have 2 terminals. Wire #1 terminal to your power supply (+12 volts DC). Wire the 2nd terminal to a Moeller EZ relay Input terminal. Then when pressure is applied to the pressure pad, the Moeller input will go ON, triggering the start of your timed sequence.

I could not open Steve's program with Eaton EZSoft version 6. It says "the projects contains a device that is not supported". Was it written using a later version, or instead the Allen Bradley PicoSoft 6?

Last edited:
Guys, I cannot thank you enough! I have loaded the program and it works great. I am very rusty with easysoft, and am having trouble changing the timers. It seems simple enough, but when I change the program to 5 minutes, it just does not work. Wht am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Doug

...but when I change the program to 5 minutes, it just does not work. Wht am I doing wrong?
Probably you made some small change to the timer, causing it to reset to 0:00. That is one of the unfortunate bugs you have to live with in this stripped-down bare-bones PLC software. The attached version 6.11 program has all timers set to 5:00 with a M:S (Minutes and Seconds) time base. It does run in the Simulator mode.

Lancie,
Greetings! I am in Dothan, Alabama today and ,man is the weather awful! Still having some issues with the program... it runs fine one, then runs the # 1 relay then just stops. Not sure what is happening? Could it be the cheapo program I am loading with?

Thanks,

Doug

It could be that timers 2, 3, and 4 are set to 0:00. That would cause it to stop after the first 5-minute timer. I have noticed that if you do ANYTHING to a timer or its contacts (move, rename, and so on) after it is set up, the time defaults to 0:00.

Still have issues with this program

Hello,

This program will run through the sequence, but does not shut the timers off after timed out? So all four relays are on at the end of the sequence...
Also,
If the start up contact (I1) is anything but momentary, the program does not end?

Thanks!

Doug

Hello,

This program will run through the sequence, but does not shut the timers off after timed out? So all four relays are on at the end of the sequence...
If the start up contact (I1) is anything but momentary, the program does not end?

Thanks!

Doug

Looking at the first rung, when I01 is held in (or Maintained) instead of momentary, the I01 will bypass the T05 NC instruction which is the End-Of-Cycle timer.
All the timers will turn off if the I01 is momentary and the Timers are On Delay types but not necessarily if they are On/Off Delay types that you are using in your version of the programming.

Last edited:
Doug

To be honest, your very brief description of the process you require was very vague, and the subsequent solutions offered were based on a few assumptions, if you require a more comprehensive solution, then you need to furnish us with a more comprehensive and descriptive explanation as to the sequence of events.

Steve