down load pv1200+ program

bright676

I need to down load our panel view 1200+ and have never done it before. What soft ware do I need? We have panel builder 32 but I have never used it. It is all tied into a slc 5/04 batching system.

Can some one direct me in the right direction

Can you list the part number of your PanelView because your description is a little fuzzy.

They make a Standard PanelView 1200 or a PanelView Plus 1250. Not a PanelView Plus 1200. If it is in fact a "Plus" terminal (light gray) then it uses FactoryTalk View Studio to edit and download, not PanelBuilder 32. If it's a standard PanelView (Black) then it uses PanelBuilder.

So you have to use FactoryTalk View Studio.
Do you have the program already compiled that you need to download? It would be a .MER extension
Is this a terminal that is in production on the plant floor, or one on a bench that you are testing? The reason I ask is because if the communications is not correct in the .MER and you download it, then your terminal could be out of operation until it is fixed.

There are two ways that you can download a .MER. Using the Transfer Utility that is installed with FactoryTalk View Studio or via compact flash card and navigating through the menu's in the terminal.

Thanks, it is one used in production. I think I should say upload. I need to copy the program in the pv+ and email to some one.

Yeah, you definitely want to upload. Do you have FactoryTalk View Studio? I heard a rumor that Rockwell was going to make the transfer utility a free stand alone but I don't know if they have done it yet. The other option would be to use the compact flash card (or SD card if it's a new 6.0 version) and use the terminal menu's to copy it to the flash card. You would have to shut it down temporarily to use the flash card method.

I guess there would be an option to use a flash card with a batch file to automate the process of uploading (and there wouldn't be a need to shut it down). I posted the code that would be needed to do this at one point but I can't find the thread at the moment. I'll search again later or I will post it again when I get a minute to dig it up.

Create a batch file with notepad or notepad++
Copy/Paste the code below in to it
Save it as Autorun.bat
Put it on the root of a flash card (not USB)
Insert it into the PanelView and it will upload all the files from it and save it on the flash card
Close the window that popped up on the PanelView and remove the card.

Code:
REM    Create a directory on the flash drive
REM    to back up the original file
mkdir \"storage card2"\original

REM    Copy the original file to the flash drive
copy \"storage card"\"rockwell software"\rsviewme\runtime\*.mer \"storage card2"\original\