downgrade 1769-L18ER-BB1B can't connect to

burropardo

hello i have a 1769-L18ER-BB1B equipment so i make the downgrade from version 21 to version 20. and everything ok but when this equipment restart only flash the red led some times and all the lights flashes but i can't connect to rslinx anymore. someone can give me an advise if i can make a factory default jumper or something to force to initiallize this cpu ? thank you in advance fellas!o_O

How did you downgrade the firmware? EtherNet/IP or USB?
What type of Linx driver are you currently trying to connect with?
Do not use the same USB driver as prior to the firmware Flash!
Delete it, restart Linx, connect your PC to the CPU (with the toggle switch set to Program Mode)and wait for Linx to automatically install a new USB driver.
If trying to connect via EtherNet/IP, first you will have to run the BOOTP utility and disable DHCP/BOOTP since a "flashed" controller will be returned to "shelf" state.
Refer to Chapters 1 and 4 of:
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1769-um021_-en-p.pdf

by ethernet

How did you downgrade the firmware? EtherNet/IP or USB?
What type of Linx driver are you currently trying to connect with?
Do not use the same USB driver as prior to the firmware Flash!
Delete it, restart Linx, connect your PC to the CPU (with the toggle switch set to Program Mode)and wait for Linx to automatically install a new USB driver.
If trying to connect via EtherNet/IP, first you will have to run the BOOTP utility and disable DHCP/BOOTP since a "flashed" controller will be returned to "shelf" state.
Refer to Chapters 1 and 4 of:
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1769-um021_-en-p.pdf

i made the downgrade by ethernet port. and today i can't get connected trough ethernet neither usb port the cpu doesn't respond i can not dettect by rslinx it is like dead.

te ok red light is turned on and every 8 or 10 seconds all the leds flashes until the i/o lights too. what can i do now? thank you for your reply :cry:

After the firmware downgrade, the EtherNet/IP post has been restored to "off the shelf" state: it is now DHCP Enabbled and BOOTP Enabled; you cannot use the same Linx driver.
Connect to the CPU via an USB cable; you do not need to configure a driver; upon connecting to the CPU, RSLinx will automatically install an USB driver and you should be able to USB connect to the controller and download the application file; this should take care of the Ethernet port settings also.

But doesn't work

After the firmware downgrade, the EtherNet/IP post has been restored to "off the shelf" state: it is now DHCP Enabbled and BOOTP Enabled; you cannot use the same Linx driver.
Connect to the CPU via an USB cable; you do not need to configure a driver; upon connecting to the CPU, RSLinx will automatically install an USB driver and you should be able to USB connect to the controller and download the application file; this should take care of the Ethernet port settings also.
It doesn't work, I plugged And unplugged connected With my rs-link And it doesn't dettect by my software. Any advise?

I sure hope you didn't brick the CPU.
Downgrading firmware is iffy, especially when done on an on-board Ethernet port which's settings are serviced by the very application you have wiped out when ControlFlashing.
Have you tried running the BOOTP utility on the CPU Ethernet port(Start\All Programs\Rockwell Software\BOOTP-DHCP Server)?
If you haven't, do so; DISABLE BOOTP and DHCP and set a static address.
You might get lucky, however, the USB is your best bet since it bypasses the missing application content.
DELETE ANY PRESENT RSLinx DRIVERS; DELETE THE RSLinx HARMONY PROJECT(https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48241)
When done, reboot the Linx running PC; upon Restaring the machine, startup Linx and connect the machine to the CPU; wait until a new Virtual Backplane USB driver is (hopefully) installed; USB drivers might need a minute or so to be uploaded from the device.