Drink Recipes

weilerot

I am wondering how if I wanted to setup up drink recipes, how I would move integers from the N7 files into a flow valve? I am not in school so this is nit an exercise. I was reading about move statements I a PLC book that I have. The book said how to use the move instruction to combine different recipes, but did not go on to say how this would interact with the valves. If I wanted 100 gallons of water and 80 gallons of grape syrup and so on, how would each recipe interact with the valve? I was at the ROTM near Pittsburgh on Wed. and saw valves but could not figure out how I could actually send numerical data to the valve. Again I am 62 years old and have a love for PLCs and automation. I am an electrician, and know relay logic pretty well. I have Micro Logix, Compact Logix and SLC 500 5/03 controllers at my house that I am learning with.

Thanks,

Herb

I am wondering how if I wanted to setup up drink recipes, how I would move integers from the N7 files into a flow valve? I am not in school so this is nit an exercise. I was reading about move statements I a PLC book that I have. The book said how to use the move instruction to combine different recipes, but did not go on to say how this would interact with the valves. If I wanted 100 gallons of water and 80 gallons of grape syrup and so on, how would each recipe interact with the valve? I was at the ROTM near Pittsburgh on Wed. and saw valves but could not figure out how I could actually send numerical data to the valve. Again I am 62 years old and have a love for PLCs and automation. I am an electrician, and know relay logic pretty well. I have Micro Logix, Compact Logix and SLC 500 5/03 controllers at my house that I am learning with.

Thanks,

Herb

you do not get the values to the valves. the only thing you would do is turn the valves on or off depending in what you needed. Unless they are proportional vales, then you could move the integers to an analog output) but there is more to doing recipes than just turning valves on. Look at the training tutorials on this site.

Generally you would have a fluid measuring device in the line. The valve itself will just be ON or OFF. You would turn on the valve then accumulate values from the measuring device until it hits the amount you want then shut off the valve.

Some systems have multiple valves so you can taper off the flow toward the end. Another method would be to measure any overshoot after turning off the valve and take that into consideration when deciding when to turn off.

Either each supply would have its own measuring device as well as the valve or the measuring device would be in a common merging line that all the fluids pass through.

More precise systems (like medical system) can deliver VERY ACCURATE increments of a fluid with each actuation of a valve. But that's probably not what you are looking for here.

Have fun with experimenting