Duplicate error rung after edit in Logix5000 after reinstalling software

bigLee

I recently reinstalled Logix Deisgner software on a new laptop. Now when I make online edits, it duplicates the rung I edited and it appears underneath the working rung as an error rung with a red X circle by the rung number identifier.

If I close out the program and reopen the project they are gone but this is really annoying doing multiple edits. It cannot be deleted.

Anyone have an idea on this? I'd rather not reinstall the software if possible.

The rung with the red X is the original and will be deleted when edits are compiled. It will be un-deleted if you cancel the edits. This is the way it has worked for last 20+ years.

I find it helpful if I make a mistake editing and can see the original rung.

I should've also pointed out that the rung with the red X is also the rung that is currently being executed up to the point that the edited rung replaces it on the completion of the edit/assemble/test/accept procedure.