SMTP Text from ControlLogix: Sending duplicate texts

MoraleC2

I have an application where I am sending emails and SMS text messages via an SMTP server, using MSG instructions. Everything works fine, except when I send a text message, it sends two identical messages. This only happens when I'm sending a message to a phone email (e.g., [email protected], for a Verizon phone); sending messages to a regular email address only sends one.

Does anyone have experience with this sort of application, and have you seen this before? I've done extensive testing and have found that there is no way the PLC is triggering the MSG instruction twice. There's either some configuration in the MSG instructions that I don't have set correctly (doubtful, as the same MSG is used for both email and SMS), or the server is doing this on its own, in which case I have no idea how to solve this.

Thank you for your time.

what is the content of the messages? are there line feeds (ASCII 10) and/or carriage returns (ASCII 13)?

It may be an issue with vtext.com not parsing the message correctly.

Can you take PLC out of picture?
send the same string using GMAIL to VTEXT address, and see if what it does.

Re: content of the message - There are carriage returns, but the text does not have anything strange in it. The problem is there are duplicate messages being sent from the server.

Re: Sending from email - I sent an email to the number via Outlook, and the same thing happened. So I guess it's entirely on the Verizon server side. Mystery solved, I guess.

I sent an email to the number via Outlook, and the same thing happened. So I guess it's entirely on the Verizon server side. Mystery solved, I guess.

Also solution found, possibly.

Try asking The Google about something like "duplicate sms version carriage return." After your first post I found a page that tied it to some combination of carriage returns, line feeds, and message length, but my google fu is failing me today.

Try changing all CRs to LFs, or LFs to CRs, or to CRLF pairs; I cannot remember exactly what I read.