SMTP Email Relay

Corsair

Lifetime Supporting Member
I've got a program that talks raw unencoded SMTP to send emails. I've used it where the customer has a local email server so the unencoded SMTP does not go out over the Internet.

The program also can hit an email client using Microsoft's old MAPI mail interface. I've hit Thunderbird and it hit the Internet and sent the email using an Internet providers email server.

I'm looking for email client software that can accept unencoded SMTP on a local network and then send the message using the providers email server. Ideally it should be able to use IMAP or POP3.

Recommendations from somebody who has used a product will be very appreciated.

All the blessings of the season to the PLCTalk community.

Similar Topics

We currently use GMail accounts for sending email alarms from quite a few HMI projects. Specifically C-More HMIs and AVEVA Edge runtimes. To...
Replies
Views
Hello PLC folks, I have never done any email application on PLCs before. This will be my first time so I have some questions and I would...
Replies
Views
Hello again, I'm currently looking into adding some e-mail functionality for a CompactLogix processor. Looking at this manual (chapter 7), I've...
Replies
Views
Greetings All Need pointing in the right direction. Been a few days, configured G3 email feature with no success. Checked IP addresses or all...
Replies
Views
Hey All, I just setup an email MSG instruction on my ML1100. I am sending an email on a high alarm bit. However, it only works every other...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom