E-STOPs hard wire code

darren read your message before you deleted it, thank you for understanding.

I am sure my teen age son can sympathise, granted didnt help going to the bathroom. but i felt bad this christmas he came to visit. i ended up collapsing in the bathroom after i took a shower, my wife coudnt get up, so she went to get my son to help. Lucky for him i made my slip some underwear on me first. figure i coudnt afford the cost of the therapy affter see ing his dad naked laying in the middle of the bathroom

darrenj said:
LOl..I understand!!..How long has it been since you were diagnosed?

actually happened last may so not quite a year, still trying to get my life back in order, looks like i will be on permanent dissabilty. there is no way i can go back doing feild work, with my legs being shaky and hands shaking i dont feel comfertable sticking my hands into a 480 v panel

safty!

If you look at the new arc/flash and LOCK OUT SAFTY Standerds you
will never have to go into a live panel agin! And this the law,
if your boss dosen't get it call OSHA.

wow

I guess you can read but undoubtedly you can not understand...WTIM

I am an uneducated redneck from the deep south...damn what is it with mis-spelling simple words like standard? It is no wonder that our children can not read and write above an 8h grade level because most of us do not try to.

I will not sympathize with health issues...I can call and raise most of those but do not discuss it online, ever thought why I have so much time free to be online?

Joe (Boxer Brats),
Good to see you are back here.

Do not take hot showers!! Heat can trigger another episode.

I wish you well, keep on typing.

PM me if you wish. I am very familiar of MS. -OR- [email protected]

Rod (with terminal bone cancer and REFUSING TO DIE!!!!!!!!!)

I'll shut up now.

Cowboy up Boxer--don't let it beat you down, pardner!
icon14.gif

jstolaruk said:
Actually, this is cat 3 and his usually satisfactory for OSHA purposes. A single fault in the safety circuit should not lead to the loss of the safety function and, where practical, should be detected.

Cat 4 shall detect a fault in the circuit and multiple faults in the circuit must not lead to the loss of the safety function.

http://www.bannerengineering.com/training/subtopic.php?topicID=P8_02_055

This is the circuit I described.

K1/K2 = MPCE1/MPCE2

rsdoran said:
Again it was not an attack, it was too point out some issues. The main issue doing PLC/control work AND NOT BEING familiar with the code/standards involved.

Mistakes can happen to the best of us I guess. Go easy man. Or, as the saying goes. Have a Coke and a smile and...

Originally Posted by rsdoran

Again it was not an attack, it was too point out some issues. The main issue doing PLC/control work AND NOT BEING familiar with the code/standards involved.

AGAIN TO POINT OUT, WAS NOT ASKING WHAT A PERSON SHOULD DO, but what are the scifics acording to law.

Like I had pointed out the way I wanted to do it was the proper way use n/c contacts (mushroom head operators) send back to individual inputs, plus lock down power that feeds all outputs. The biggest problem i had was this just didnt control individual machine, controld the whole factory. when I presented this problem to my boss, was told it wasnt in the budget.

I realised at the time it wasnt code. Basically it was just common sense. I just wannt to know if there are spicific codes that control this, and if a simple call to the right authoritis to correct this,, or do people have to wait untill someone gets hurt.