Ecodrive Voltage 230VAC single

KEN_KACEL

I downloaded the ECODrive manual to see what the drive Voltage is. The only thing it says is 230Vac 3 phase/ single or 380Vac to 480Vac. I am not sure if their are different models for the 230VAC / 480VAC. The one I have says 380 to 480VAC . Can I hook up 230VAC single?

No. How many amps? You loose half the energy going from 460 to 230, and another third going from 3 phase to single.
A 10 Amp load at 460 VAC 3 phase would be around 30 Amps at 230 V single.
I expect a different model for 230 Vac.
I could be wrong.

Last edited:
I downloaded the ECODrive manual to see what the drive Voltage is. The only thing it says is 230Vac 3 phase/ single or 380Vac to 480Vac. I am not sure if their are different models for the 230VAC / 480VAC. The one I have says 380 to 480VAC . Can I hook up 230VAC single?

Sometimes factory manuals cover a whole line of equpment so there are lots of configurations and ratings in the manual. Check the label on the equipment itself for what it is rated for.

If factory says line voltage is 230 and (plus whatever else) then you can run a VFD built for 3 phase on 230 single phase. THe limiting factor is you are now using only two sets of rectifiers instead of 3. So you must derate the VFD. Many recommend a 50% derate.

IF factory says yours is 380 to 480 then you are resricted to those voltages unless factory says otherwise.

Assuming your motor size is 10 HP or less I would investigate getting a VFD designed to run on single phase at whatever your line voltage is.

Dan Bentler

Last edited:
PDF Manual

Direct Power Supply Connection

The drive controller can be connected directly to single and three phase
230V power supplies or three phase power supplies ranging from 380V to
480V without transformers. A power rectifier, intermediate circuit
capacitor, and bleeder are included as standard equipment.