Eds from twincat 3

Hojland

I am trying to communicate between a 1769-L16 and a beckhoff EL6652 EtherNet/IP-Master. I need 8 INT and 2 REALS. When I generate the eds file, in twincat, for the 2 REALS, it works. When I generate the eds file for the 8 INT, it works. But if I generate a eds for both INT and REALS, it the modul in studio 5000 is faulting. Have any of you tryed to do this, with both reals and ints.

Yes, we have done this before with success, but it's been a few years so I don't recall all the details. I do recall that there is somewhere you have to enter the total size of the combined data that you are reading/writing between systems. I "think" that is on the TwinCAT side (?). The byte value you enter there needs to match the byte size exactly to the total number of bytes you are reading/writing between systems. You can't just set it higher than. It has to be exact. Also, I believe if using an INT on the TwinCAT side, you need a DINT on the RS Logix side. Attached is the documentation for TF6281. There is walk-through in there for sharing data between RA PLC and TwinCAT.

Attachments

• TF6281_TC3_EthernetIP_Scanner_EN.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
Last edited: