Eithernet

mrm37

What is the wiring color order for RJ-45 eithernet plugs? I am installing a small eithernet network and the crimpers and jacks came without any suggested color codes to use?

Most of Ethrenet patch cables made as T568B.

There is nothing wrong with 568A, but it is not that common.

Contr_Conn said:
Most of Ethrenet patch cables made as T568B.

There is nothing wrong with 568A, but it is not that common.

Even though it's not exactly accurate, I always remember by thinking 568A for Analog, as it's usually used for PBX telephone systems.

Even though it's not exactly accurate, I always remember by thinking 568A for Analog, as it's usually used for PBX telephone systems
May be for an analog systems, but if you buy Cat5 or Cat6 Ethrenet cables nowdays, chances are it will be 568B.
Technically color makes very little difference as long as you keep pairs on exact pins and both ends are the same:
1-2
3-6
4-5
7-8