Electrical Power in the Phillipines

fturner

Hi All-
Just a quick question that I hope isn.t too far off topic. Can anyone tell me what single phase and three phase power (voltage and frequency)is commonly available in the Phillipine Islands? This matters to me as a programmer because I may be traveling there to do a start up, and things will work better if we design for the correct power. Our customer has supplied some info, but not the specifics that would make me more confidant. Thanks in advance.

They use 220VAC in the Philippines. I think they use 60Hz but not too sure. They use the same electrical outlets as we use here in the U.S. If the facility uses the local power company for its electrical source, be sure you install a robust UPS because power utilities over there are not reliable. Did a lot of partying there in my Navy days

Last edited: