Electrical Symbol Question

alive15

Good morning all,

I am working on an electrical schematic for a conveyor panel. I found this symbol from this website, which I imported into Auto-cad.

What do the 3 white squares signify in the diagram below? I see the contactors, the OL relays, but then what are the 3 white squares?

Thanks.

motor electrical schem.JPG

They are terminals, as said above. You have a contactor, then overload, then wires are run to terminals, most likely on a terminal strip in the enclosure.

I agree they are terminals and again most likely they are the enclosure terminals
I would recommend that you draw a box around the motor starter ( contactor - overload)
to clarify that it one unit and not 3 separate devices

I have used the following for terminal blocks

circles
x's
---> >---
boxes
rectangular box with circles and line designation TBxx-1 where xx is the terminal box number

it all depends on the customer requirements.

james

I use different types of symbols based on the terminal block used.

Circles for two terminals per block
Triangles for three terminals per block
Squares for 4 terminals per block.

I reserve the ---> and >----- for connectors only (Plug/Receptacle)