Elevator

as far as the example threw the learnign pit...this was not our assgnment.....thw only thing i have to do is make an elevator that stops on the floor called up or down...i chose not to use subroutines because i didnt think i needed them...ive had class mates us bit sequesnces with 1s and 0 useing the ][ and ]\[ to stop the elevator on each floor im trying to write this useing my style not that of another especially since someone in the class found on online and like an idiot turned it in with out deleteing the labels which included someones name lol...my goal is to have an original program

Having not done your course.
Are you under instructions to use ladder rungs at this time.
and not another method - (I dont want to preempt you)

Also I note that your Stop Button is programmed as a Normally Open Input
BAD PRACTICE
im not totally understandign what you mean by this...my assignment is just to get the simulation to work and get the elevator to stop on each flor from any other floor yousing any methods possible in this program

This was the reason for my question
the seguence method of programming is the common and reliable method.
your teacher has alowed you to keep going for instructional purposes.
it is possible to do this in "relay logic" format but you will need a lot more logic steps.
Have you covered 'Move' statements in your course?

Ahh
Your course is progressing to the next level of programming.
Sorry Mate - You have to use them now.
as well as EQU GEQ LEQ and N7: (maybe even [n7:../B9:...])
these are your demon's for now but once you understand you will never go back.
And my earlier point
Reverse your STOP BUTTON INPUT Imagine the input is wired Normally Closed - so when you press it the power drops off the input.
The reason is if a wire breaks how do you stop?
So program your stop button inputs internally as XIC not XIO

ok thanks for your advice i got about another 2 hours left to work on this trying to go back to the drawing board again and see if that helps at all

Ian, he can't reverse the wiring of the stop button ... this is a SIMULATION and the wiring of the buttons has already been determined ...

it is what it is ...

you may need an extention
1. push floor button - move value to register
2. If value in register is same as set value stop
3. if value is greater than - GO UP
4. If value is less than - go down
5. good luck
dont forget your encoder

I know but you leave the simulator switch in the ON state
This would be the same as the stop button being released

Last edited:
currently this is my new version ive been working on again its still just a variation tomy original format....this version i have taken some of the advice givent to me an attempted to implement them but no sucess...im thinking more and more im an idiot when in reality i may be just missing something simple...anyways this one does not stop and goes past the upper travel where the others i have ran never passed floor 4 so im not sure what i did lol

im assuming i need a geq function somewhere in here sinc eim useing move statments....again im sorry if im comming off as an idiot but i am still just a student and this material does not come to me naturally it does tak me several times of failure befor learnign=((

Last edited:
I know but you leave the simulator switch in the ON state

nope - it's not a "switch" - it's a momentary pushbutton - when you click the STOP button to "press" it, it closes its contacts - the bit takes on a status of ONE ... there's no way to leave the button in the ON state without clicking and holding the mouse on it ...

suggestion: ignore the stop button's action for now ... this guy has bigger fish to fry ...

let me say this ...

the LogixPro package is WELL WORTH the money that you pay for it ... I recommend it ...

BUT ...

it is (for better or worse) a SIMULATOR - and its operation is NOT exactly the same as the Allen-Bradley hardware and software that it is supposed to simulate ...

basic idea: it can teach a student a lot about programming - but it can NOT teach exactly how a "real" system will act in the field ...

and again, it is well worth what you pay for it (about $40) ...

thanks for that Ron,
I dont normally use simulators - havent seen a lot of reliable ones.

PLEASE SEND THE FILE IN PDF FORMAT

Note: I have not given you the answers -
Ron, Steve, David and other fellow oldies seldom do.
You may not need GEQ

Last edited:
from what i can makeout
you have only added the move statements and paralelled the outputs.
ask yourself WHY??
either one or the other -
do you need both