email server without SSL encryption

lesmar96

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,

I have a Unitronics V570 Plc that sends alarms and other reports by email. It seems they were designed to be used with a in-house email server. Now the facility where these are installed has gone to Office 365 and gotten rid of the in-house email server. Now these visions do not support SSL encryption and it seems like Unitronics is not going to get them to be able to. On the other hand, most every public email server uses SSL encryption. I can only find 2 servers, mailjet and smtp.2go that might still work.

But who knows when they will swtich? Has any one else ran into this and does any one have a good long term solution?

For the cost of a simple desktop computer $349.00 you can run your own email server. Once setup this server will RELAY all incoming emails (100's of thousands per day) to any email address, can be Authenticated or NOT.

The software is FREE:
https://www.hmailserver.com/

This is just one of many!

AuthSMTP.com will handle this for you for a few dollars per year. I have now 6 different sites using one account so that simple HMIs or SCADA programs can send unauthenticated emails.