Panelview email help

Dale87

Lifetime Supporting Member
1000002078.jpgCan anyone help out with this Panelview Plus Performance Email. I keep getting an "unable to activate connection "smtp-mail.outlook.com". I've tried multiple different things on the development PC and the panelview and can't get it. I have a web browser active x that works just fine on the panelview, and a click plc with the same settings on the same network that emails daily just fine.

Is the panelview currently being monitored by your computer or another PC? breaking the connection to the panelview, specifically to a USB port and then restarting the terminal may help...

Interesting challenge ! Unfortunately I don't have deep experience with this ActiveX.

Are you sure that your DNS resolution is working ? On your development PC, PING smtp-mail.outlook dot com and it should resolve to svc.ha-smtp.live.com. I just got 52.96.164.198 as an IPv4 response from that server. I suppose if your web brower ActiveX is working with domain names instead of IP addresses, that's also evidence that the PanelView Plus has DNS working correctly.

The "SendAnonymous" option is something I wonder about. You've got a username and password; is it the same account that your functioning CLICK is using ? In general, a big popular email service isn't going to accept anonymous email, to avoid automated spam.

Interesting challenge ! Unfortunately I don't have deep experience with this ActiveX.

Are you sure that your DNS resolution is working ? On your development PC, PING smtp-mail.outlook dot com and it should resolve to svc.ha-smtp.live.com. I just got 52.96.164.198 as an IPv4 response from that server. I suppose if your web brower ActiveX is working with domain names instead of IP addresses, that's also evidence that the PanelView Plus has DNS working correctly.

The "SendAnonymous" option is something I wonder about. You've got a username and password; is it the same account that your functioning CLICK is using ? In general, a big popular email service isn't going to accept anonymous email, to avoid automated spam.
I also pinged that server and used that ip address when i first started troubleshooting this issue, still nothing, I do have the email active x on the same page as multiple web server active x to view plc generated web pages, some IP cameras, and the weather, but they aren't open till you activate them. Yes the click is running the exact same email, port, password ect. I'll try the anonymous setting....

My quick reading of the Knowledgebase article on that ActiveX is that if you set the Anonymous setting =1, then it doesn't send the username and password.

That would be consistent with a properly configured network and functioning DNS, as well as another type of PLC working correctly with the same credentials.

Give us an update when you can !