Panelview Plus How To Email CSV Log data

I am stuck on something, and would appreciate if someone might have a suggestion to help me.

I need to automatically email CSV log data from Logix PLC with Panelview Plus.

It looks like the active X "ME DataStore Plus" features are simple enough for data logging.
(Reference https://youtu.be/GEhj9Tgd2Vc OR https://theautomationblog.com/datastore-plus-step-by-step-setup-in-factorytalk-viewstudio/ )
It stores the file as *TimeStamp*_fileneme.CSV

Email looks simple enough using active X "ME EmailSender Control", can attach a file.

My problem. How can I know the file name to attach in the email?

The only way I can figure is to set "Start New Files" to "Never", so I assume the file name will be fixed. But then I lose file history control.

Document ID QA28048
Published Date 02/14/2020

There is a TN for this, it involves using ME Recipe 2 Enhanced Active X.

The Recipe Active X can read the file names in a folder and put them in recipe name001 to recipe name 254 tags.

files names in RecipeName001-254 could be used in a control list selector to select the file name of the csv data log file.

Or you could get an H/M/5 3won.

Last time I did it, I just predicted the filename in the PLC, as it is predictable and that was the file Active X Emailer attached.

You need to convert the PLC data/time to strings and add in a leading zero if its under 10 but was quite straight forward to to:

Screenshot-2021-10-01-114027.png

Screenshot-2021-10-01-113546.png

Screenshot-2021-10-01-113514.png

EDIT: Also sync the HMI time and PLC time in global connections to make sure nothing goes adrift with times.

Last edited: