crimson email server address expression

ERCfarcontrol

Has anyone ever used an expression to dynamically choose the server type and address at runtime? For all other e mail setup parameters I've done this successfully. In the attached snippet you can see that all other parameters are chosen via data tags. This is the only thing that seems to be holding up the ability to fully configure e mail.

Resolve dns function?

emailsetup.png

I have done that with other IP addresses in Crimson, so I think it should be possible. The format of the tag will need to be correct. I just did a quick test (offline, not tested in real hardware) and I have a tag set up whose source is TextToAddr(EmailIPText) and EmailIPText is a string tag with a valid IP address. I can drag that tag onto the field for Server IP Address and it takes it and shows no errors.