Emerson & PME 9.8 Issues

ZestyMozzarella

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi gents, recently upgraded to PME 9.8 and having a lot of issues with a pre-existing line file. The PAC View Integrated OPC program has been going haywire. I followed the PDF instructions for clean uninstall and reinstall but these issues are persisting. Worried the new version is bug ridden but I bet there are some things new to me I'm overlooking in dealing with these issues. I wanted to ask around and see if anyone knows what is going on and could aid direction.

Firstmost, my current file on download is suddenly having download issues stating error 4380 I'm trying to research. It seems like if I update the variable references list...this goes away after a few tries slowly alleviating a few of them at a time but it seems very buggy to me. I'm aware the CONFIG is not equal, this stems from changing an analog card to an input card that was not being used in slot 10. The card removed utilized none of these IO points and logic was never changed, just hardware so this issue should be independent.

Also, the OPC driver issues in my quickpanel target have been disappearing from my program when connected. When I redownload what is on rack, I can't even open the OPC driver configurations. Every time they open, they instantly close and I have confirmed no stuck keys or issues with my keyboard. That configuration window just instantly crashes and closes.

Furthermore, the OPC configuration software is just constantly updating and loading to where I can't even view the file, view or tools tab. It also generates a variables not found error which possibly is something I'm overlooking regarding a .snf file or from the upgrade and reimporting things, a particular data file I need to export or import perhaps? Not sure, my OPC software knowledge outside KEpware is limited though I'm aware the PAC one is probably a shell of that.

Last but not least, sometimes when I'm trying to save, I keep getting this server busy icon that crashes PME sometimes. This all stems from the OPC software. Thing has my computer loading like crazy and buffering. The second I task manager end it, my computer frees up and operates. Since I need it for this quickpanel access tho....not too sure what my course of action should be. I'm wondering if I can uninstall and clean install OPC without doing it to PME or if that order would corrupt things. Trying to avoid hours worth of clean installing.

Emerson also advised this issue fix:

https://emerson-mas.force.com/communities/en_US/Article/View-Integrated-OPC-Driver-Not-Trusted

but it did not solve any issues. Anyway, perhaps there is something I'm overlooking or someone is familiar with these problems. Any advisement is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Edit: the CONFIG not equal issue is resolved but these OPC issues are still exhibiting. Also working with my Emerson distributor and have an Emerson case going, will update if they help provide a solution.

Last edited:
It is an Emerson problem.

I also have PME 9.8
I did a small HMI project using OPC. Initially it was working and I could view the configuration for both the channel and device. While trying to make the communications work, it started constantly showing the hourglass. When I tried to look at the configuration for either, it would either briefly flash an outline or never show up.

I ended up deleting the OPC and recreating. Once I did that, I could finally view the configuration again.
Mine was a very small project, so that may not be an option for you.

Please let us know what Emerson returns from the case.

So Emerson has not been able to fix the OPC error issue. I tried making a new native Emerson driver via SRTP to talk to the quickpanel but when trying to validate or download I get the following error:

Error 2922: Proficy View Integrated OPC Driver has not been installed properly.

Emerson support is still looking into the issue. I did find an old 9.0 PME SIM 12 installed. I had to uninstall 9.8, reinstall 9.0, uninstall the 9.0 SIM 12 file and then obliterate any evidence of Emerson or PME on my laptop and then do a fresh new install.

At the very least, this fixed the OPC topic constantly initiating and creating severe server chat, bogging down my laptop. Emerson suspects the old SIM was causing that issue. However I still get the TISIO Manager error saying the OPC wasn't installed correctly even though I followed the guides and Emersons instructions both times. They're continuing to look into the problem. I'm running WIN 10 Enterprise edition where they're running Professional at Emerson. They're going to try and get Enterprise edition with my build to test and see if they can replicate the problem.

I at least solved the validation and HMI target issues. One problem solved and onto the next...curious if anyone happens upon this conversation as to whether they have ever witnessed 9.8 giving these OPC errors. Thanks!

Sorry I didn't actually attach the current and final issue. If you see the attached jpeg, I can't actually right click OPC drivers and configure a new one because I get this error, same error associated when I try to download the HMI target to the quickpanel as well when it generates the error 2922.

Hello friends of the forum. Does anyone have version 9.8 or higher of PME (trial) so I can test it on the bench? I tried to download it from the website, but the manufacturer says that you only need to buy the license.