Emulogix 5868 No I/O or communications Configured/RSLogix Emulate Issue

liberati

So I am running RSlogix Emulate 5000, RSLinx Classic, and RSLogix 5000.

I am new to RSLogix Emulate 5000 ( I've used RSLogix 5000 in a development and production enviroment but never had RSLogix Emulate 5000) and I am having some issues.

I was following a tutorial that I found here
vdt-automation.de/files/Quick_tutorial_on_rslogix_emulator_5000.pdf

I have my RSLinx connection in Slot 0, EmuLogix in Slot 1 and
simulator module in Slot 2.

When I click on the Emulogix module it says under I/O Status: No I/O or communications configured.
and is in Remote Run mode.
The simulator module says under I/O: All I/O inactive.

I can right click the sim and go to it's properties and modify the inputs but they do not change when I look under RSLogix 5000 in the Controller Tags for that particular input.

Is it possible that the something has changed from the tutorial's version Version 15 I think to the version that I am using which is Version 21?

Thanks, and I apologize if my questions isn't detailed enough. I have never had the chance to go from start to finish on a developing HMI/RSLogix code until now and don't really have a guide or someone I can ask questions to besides you guys/gals.

If there is anything I can refine with my question please let me know so that I can help you help me :3

Thanks, once again.
Just a GreenHorn

I'm not sure what you mean when you say define.

I did add a new module to the I/O configuration in RSLogix 5000.

I did this by right clicking the I/O folder then add new module.

I selected the 1756 generic 1756 Module.

Did I do that correctly?

Last edited:
Do you mean the connection parameters and the assembly instance when you go to the properties of the module?

If so then yes, whether they are correct or not is a different question.

I have
Assembly Instance: Size
Input 1 1 {32 bit}
Output 2 1 {32 bit}
Configuration 4 0 { 8 bit }

Is this what you are asking about?

What did you set the RPI to?
I seem to remember it has to be a higher value than the default.
Check the help for the emulator, I believe it is listed there, perhaps 100ms?
I would check one of my projects, but I am not at my computer.

It was set to 5 ( I forgot to change it ) I changed it to 100 but nothing changed.

On a side note in RSLinx under the packet information neither the emulator card nor the input card has received a successful connection packet. So something is not configured correctly I'm 95% sure I just don't know what setting and where that setting is. : (

Not yet. From what I read it said that I could force the input/outputs from the chassis monitor and I could then watch the changes take place in RSLogix 5000. Is this not the case?

Also thanks for taking the time to help, its appreciated.

If you don't download your project to the CPU (real or emulator), how do you expect the CPU to communicate to the IO modules? Or monitor live data from the IO cards?

From the tutorial that I linked I was under the impression that you could view/force input and outputs without having code. I am assuming that is incorrect then? I will try and import the code today and let you know what happens thanks.

You do not code to see the IO work, but the CPU does have to have a configuration loaded, otherwise it will not communicate the IO modules. I think if you do a download and then go online, all will be well.

I apologize for taking so long to respond.
I got it working and have been busy emulating which is why I never responded.

The issue was a few things I will discuss below.

The main issue was a conflict from what the manual said and what it should actually be.

When you make the sim card ( 1756 sim card in RSLogix under I/O configuration) you have to have the following settings

Input 1 2
Output 2 1
Configuration 16 0

The tutorial I found said that the config ( also the manual said this as well) should be 4 and not 16. When I changed that everything magically worked.

Thanks for helping though.

JustAGreenHorn