End of thePLCguy

bernie_carlton

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
The website , www.theplcguy.com will soon be relinquished. It is available for purchase if you wish. I have not continued my interest in a day to day update, obviously, in its contents. You are invited to use any of its original content, if you really find it useble. I will still monitor online sites for questions that interest me. The PLCs, Allen Bradley and AutomationDirect have interested me in my employed life but not so much in retirement. Please acknowledge me in any material you wish to use.

Last edited:
Bernie, we are gonna miss you especially when we come up against the abstract things that go on in DirectSoft. You have been the best resource on this forum for those controllers and there are still a LOT of them out there.

The website doesn't cost much in absolute terms but on on a fixed income it has become a continual expense. I am deleting non necessary expenses. I will still monitor these forums as they provide continuing stimulus, like some people's daily crossword puzzles.

Thanks for all the free advertisement over the years on ThePLCGuy.com ... and more important thank you very much for all the help you have given me here, I still remember my first really big project with the AD PLC's and that was a success in a big part because of the help you gave.

Thanks for all the help over the years, Bernie. I understand completely the process you are going through. I'm a few years behind you, but I understand all the niggling little monthly expenses that whittle away at the bottom line as the work and income reduce.

Have fun, no matter what you do!

Bernie,
Your vast contributions to the PLC community are greatly appreciated.
Enjoy a much deserved retirement and I will still look forward to reading your replies here.

🍻

Bernie,

I didn't know you had a website until this thread appeared. I always figured we were about the same age, but your blogs confirm it. I really enjoyed reading through your blogs - a really "good read".

Your experiences as an Air Force instructor are fascinating.

Interesting that a student's reading score was a better predictor than the electronics test score for success in the electronics training. Vietnam was still hot when I got drafted in 1971 and I deliberately failed the 'artillery' and infantry' aptitude tests and worked my butt off to do well on the language test, shooting for the gig at the language school and it worked. The school interviewer laughed at my low artillery and infantry scores, it was a pretty transparent effort on my part.

It does surprise me that your lack of exposure to computers was a no-go for General Dynamics job prospect, especially when the rest of your background fit like a glove.

Your blogs have actually inspired me to sit down and write up my experiences for my kids and grandkids who will some day wonder what I did.

Last edited:
Happy Retirement! Thanks for the knowledge you have shared...

I hung up the mouse in 2016 and never did say good by here. Maybe I will put up a short note.

I hung up the mouse in 2016 and never did say good by here. Maybe I will put up a short note.

You have been missed... lucky Steve has stuck around after his retirement, this **** keeps happening people are going to have to start reading the manuals

RIP "ThePLCGuy"

You will be missed by the coming generation of control engineers, or maybe the "collective" here will keep its spirit and knowledge alive.