Eplan p8. How do I insert a simple mounting rail?

EStufC

Hello everyone.
Currently I am using Eplan p8 and faced (while creating a panel) with a challenge in finding a device called DIN mounting rail (usually it's 35 mm standard).
Basically could someone share with knowlewdge how to insert a mounting rail?

Perhaps someone has a macros for that.

Thanks

Last edited:
ePLan does support DWG and DXF. Are you doing this in ProPanel?

I'm doing this in Eplan p8 as it was said at #1.

• marking page as "panel layout"
  • insert ->box/connection/point/mounting panel -> mounting panel
  • inserting desired devices
Everything is alright (relays, modules, contactors, etc.) except mounting rails. I can't find their macroses by rittal, phoenix contact, siemens, etc.
So I am asking for help here. Perhaps someone knows a trick how to insert a mounting rail in panel.

Thanks

Last edited:
I'm doing this in Eplan p8 as it was said at #1.

ePLan P8 is a platform. Saying you are doing it in P8 is like saying "I am having trouble inserting text in the Microsoft package..." .... Word? Excel? Notepad?

FYI, ProPanel is an ePlan module specifically for designing the CAD of panels.

DIN Rail is not in the library, at my guess because it is a mechanical component.

I drew my own using the drawing tools.

You can download the DXF as advised and do as per attachment 2.

eplan platform.jpg eplan 2.png

Macros are really for schematics and they contain connection points.
I use Eplan P8 all the time and I find it easiest to use DXF or DWG components for layouts. It is easy to build up a library of parts to use. I presume you want to do something like this below?

layout.JPG

ePLan P8 is a platform. Saying you are doing it in P8 is like saying "I am having trouble inserting text in the Microsoft package..." .... Word? Excel? Notepad?

FYI, ProPanel is an ePlan module specifically for designing the CAD of panels.

DIN Rail is not in the library, at my guess because it is a mechanical component.

I drew my own using the drawing tools.

You can download the DXF as advised and do as per attachment 2.

• I'm using the pure Eplan p8, not ising any additional modules or utilities as Pro Panel etc.

• The way I got a panel I had described at #5.
  • Seems the best way is a drawing a scetch of a mounting rail by means of presented graphic tools (as you also said above).
  • .dwg and .dfx are not capable with a panel because they are not macroses.

Last edited:
Macros are really for schematics and they contain connection points.
I use Eplan P8 all the time and I find it easiest to use DXF or DWG components for layouts. It is easy to build up a library of parts to use. I presume you want to do something like this below?

so, where your rails are? I don't see them on your panel.

My page shows a graphic (I) page.

I don't use ePlan for this anymore. My image above was an old project.

I use ePlan for the electrical schematics and a 3D CAD package for mechanical design.

Panel 4.3.jpg