Equivalent PLCs of different brands

wills27

Hi All,

I have recently started working in this domain of industrial automation. Please help me out with my query: What are the equivalent(similar) CPUs corresponding to S7-1200 PLC with respect to the following brands: Mitsubishi, Delta, Omron, GE-FANUC. I am doing a basic comparison on their technical features in order to get familiar with several brands. Kindly help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

This question has been asked here before, in many different forms (by me as well)

It is very hard to do a comparison like that, the low end of the 1200 series might be similar to brand A - series X, while the high end of the 1200 is more similar to brand A - series Y.

We have experts here for every brand you mention, but the might not know the 1200 series to do a comparison.

Perhaps a better way to go about it is, to describe what you are trying to do with the PLC and get a recommendation that way.

Hi boneless,
Thank you for replying to my post. I have no specific functions which I want to perform with the PLCs. I am trying to just compare the tech specs to see which lies where on respective features so that I am aware of the features in similar range of PLCs. I am trying to get hold of the details of the micro PLCs in this range. I shall take your suggestion and compare the higher end CPUs of S7-1200-->CPU-1517C, CPU-1515C with other brands. Hope this helps.

So far, i have researched on Mitsubishi-->FX series; GE-FANUC--> Versamax; and OMRON--> CP1E, CP1H-X/XA processors. Please guide me further if I am correct in my assessment of these respective processors as equivalent to S7-1200 range of PLCs.

Best Regards