ergonomic palm button

kiran

Hi everyone,

I am looking fao an ergonomic palm button for one of our machine. Has anybody used one and if so please give some info on manufactuere and part#?

I am using this on a part inspection machine where an operator has to load a part and press cycle start button for every 8 to 10 secs. Any better suggestions are welcome too.

Thanks.

So we have an operator who makes same $$$ as you but he
didn't go to school and he doesn't have headackes or toughts of complex problem you have to solve tomorrow. Of course we have
to make sure he doesn't develop carpal tunel syndrome because
his job is so monotone and repetitive while nobody notices
that you have to work for 12hr a day (or night) on your laptop,
use that tiny and not ergonomical keyboard and pathetic mouse replacement while standing in a corner next to loud oil leaking
machine in not exactly healthy posture. And they will make
you travel a lot and wear those heavy safety shoes, hard hat,
plastic safety glases (just so you can see better ruin your
vision while looking at the screen).
I say don't put push button, put safety mat or light curtain
or perimeter sensor or monkey to do the hard work of pressing button.
You could run some electrodes into operators brain so he can simply
think of action but i'm not sure union will allow that. :D

Now seriously:
You can check popular ones such as Banner opto touch buttons
(one finger) or Allen Bradley 800Z series (palm).

Hey Panic Mode

Hunching over a laptop in a hot plant or freezing cold warehouse is still better than pushing a button every 8 to 10 seconds.

Maybe if you worked out a little those shoes would not be so heavy.:D
The leaking oil helps water proof the boots

If we did not ruin our eyes who would make the glasses, buy the stock to grind the lenses, Who would program the machines to make the stock, pack the stock and palletize the stock?? Are trying to put some of us out of work??

I worked with a monkey once, he kept throwing his banana peals and other matter that he generated on his own at me. :rolleyes:

Jim

GO JETS
Playoff bound, You gotta believe!!!!!!!!!!
beerchug

Panic Mode....LOL. My current "ergonmic workstation" is sitting crosslegged on a concrete floor next to 4 30kW liquid ring vacuum pumps, UNDER two MCC panels, with the PanelView screen a metre above my line of sight and in order to see it I have to crawl up between the two panels, squeeze around two VSD's and squint against the glare.:)*

Kinda funny,
We just got done replacing all the palm push buttons in our plant. We used the AB 800P articulated series. This project took about 6 months and AB made a boatload of money off this. Yep, this was done because of the high rate of carpal tunnel cases. Don't know if they've gone down though. :rolleyes: