Error 1402 while installing rslinx classic

antonydias

Hello
I am trying to install RS LINX Classic 2.57 in my Laptop (with Windows Microsoft XP" Professional 2002, Service pack 3)

While installation i am getting an error as below

ERROR 1402 Could not open Key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WinDNet32\Drivers.
Verify that you have sufficientaccess to that key or contact support personal

PICTURE ATTACHED

ERROR.jpg

Click on Start-->Run.
Type in Regedt32 and press Enter.
This will open Registry Editor.
Drill down to the following
For 32-bit HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-->Software-->WinDeviceNet32-->Driver
For 64-bit HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-->Software-->Wow6532Node-->WinDeviceNet32-->Driver

Select the Driver folder:
For Windows 7 - Right click Driver -->Permissions
For Windows XP Pro - Click on Edit menu-->Permissions
For Windows 2000 - Click on Security-->Permissions

This will open the Permissions for Drivers window
Click Add and enter the object name Everyone Group with Full and Read control ticked for Allow.

Check the same thing for WinDeviceNet32 folder.
Reboot PC and Start installation again.