Error 806-80042535

bbishop108

So I am using a CompactLogix L27ERM-QBFC1B software version 30.02.00, and rxlinx classic lite version 4.11.00 CPR 9 SR 11.0, and am communicating via EIP. I can connect to the plc just fine, but after about 5-10 minutes I get kicked offline with the error 806-80042535. When that happens I cannot reconnect unless I close out the plc program and shutdown and restart rslinx. I tried contacting AB tech support, there tech notes have me trying several things including deleting the harmony files. I tried that and it did not resolve the issue. A couple of suggestions were to upgrade the firmware, as well as do a factory reset by removing the battery and letting it sit for several minutes and download the program again. It concerns me to do the factory reset based just on that being a last step to try, especially since I have a colleague who has the same pc as I do and he does not have this issue of being kicked offline. So I thought I would come here to see if anyone else has had this issue, and suggest other solutions.

A couple of the tech notes I tried were 508515 and tech support suggested I try 36245. Again my biggest annoyance is that I can go online via EIP, and not have any errors. Then after a period of time is when I get kicked off and get that error. That tells me that anything to do with comms is already working, or I wouldn't be able to even connect to begin with. There are no faults on the plc when I get kicked offline either. Thanks

This may not be of help, but I've had error problems and was directed to do a repair (in programs/control panel) on Studio 5000 and also on Factory Talk Services platform. My errors pretty much went away after that. And I haven't had any on Windows 10.

Well I don't know if this is the reason why or not but I have changed my ethernet properties. Originally, as I have these set when communicating with other 5370 L2 controllers with no issues, I had set the IP V4 properties as follows: IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, and Preferred DNS Server. As I stated previously my colleague doesn't have this issue of being kicked offline after connecting. So we started comparing his IP settings and mine, and found that he does not have anything set for the Default Gateway or the Preferred DNS Server. So I have since deleted the addresses I had set for those 2 places, and to date I have not had this issue of being kicked offline. Time will tell if this actually resolved my issue, but it doesn't explain why that matters on this ONE machine. Very confused about this, but if it works....so be it!!!!