Error 8097: Controller Error - CPU Slot Mismatch

dung.ho

Error 8097: Controller Error - CPU slot mismatch [0x05][0x46] [0xC00C0001]

I got that error above when I was trying to download my programming to Controller. Please let me know if anyone knows how to solve this error. Thanks.

Capture.PNG

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

I don't recognize the software environment shown in that screenshot. What controller make and model are you using ?

The error message of course suggests that the CPU is configured for a different chassis slot than it is physically located in, so check the configuration against the physical location.

That looks like Machine Edition software for a GE or Emerson PLC.

Here's what the help file has to say about it.

CPU slot mismatch
(PACSystems RX3i only.) The HWC has the CPU in a different location from the one that it really is on the RX3i. A fatal configuration mismatch is logged in the controller Fault table.

"HWC" stands for HardWare Configuration, which is a map of the modules and the addresses assigned to them.