Are Manufacturers are always exact in there documentations

• UPS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Documentations

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alex5248

Be aware for one possible error in Documentation Series 300 UPS manufactured by Liebert.

If you want you can place comments. It is impossible question to be directed in writing to Liebert or EMERSON. Their website is working very strange when it is related to inquiry or questions.

UPS
MADE LIEBERT

MODEL: AP341

It is shown in Liebert DRG URT14004 Page 5-24 of Installation, Operation and Maintenance Manual (8/95), Notes: 5. CONTACT RATING 0.5A @ 30VAC 2.0A @ 30VDC. In conversation with service support in Ohio USA was mentioned that it is maybe wrong and they believe that it is 120VAC @ 0.5A.

I believe as well because there is no point to have 2.0A @ 30VDC and only half load @ 30VAC.
Regards
Alex

Last edited:
Liebert optional remote contact board

Did you ever get the actual answer to this question?

I am looking at moving the wires going to these contacts to another board on another UPS.

The other UPS contacts are rated at 48V.

I have no way of knowing what they are piping through the Liebert contacts until I am at the site.

I don't want to put the electrician through a lot of extra work, and if a different solution needs to be engineered my customer needs to know.

Hi,

I never get back from them with a real answer. You already know my opinion from the thread. Obviously it can not be 0.5 A @ 30 VAC and 2A @ 30 VDC. Obviously it is 0.5 A @ 120 VAC and 2 A @ 30 VDC. It is coming from the good practices. But again I do not have any answer from the manufacturer. I can not confirm that my opinion is true. Better try to talk to the manufacturer again. Other option is to take the board out, to try to find the relay manufacturer and to talk to them.

Regards Alex

Thanks for the quick reply.

I found they were piping 24V from a Liebert RCM4, so I was able to use the contacts in the new UPS no problem.

I had been worried about their "Whoopie Light" which is actually driven externally through a decent rated contact in the RCM4.