Error while trying to download S7-1214FC

swedeleaner

Hello!
When trying to load the hardware configuration I get error 0050-133 2 2458, check the diagnostic buffer.
When checking the buffer, it says something about a memory card that is missing.
Quite sure I don´t need one.

I tried to create an empty project with just the CPU and download, but still get the same error.
I tried MRES but no luck there either.

What can I do?
Is the CPU corrupt?

Using TIA V18, CPU is firmware 4.5

How big is your project? The 1200s have some load memory integrated, but it doesn't cover larger projects. Program Info claims to show a load memory calculation, but it only shows the load memory requirements of the program, not the HW. I've seen systems where the actual load memory required was at least 2x as big as what the compiler said.

You can try a factory reset on the CPU and see if that helps.

How big is your project? The 1200s have some load memory integrated, but it doesn't cover larger projects. Program Info claims to show a load memory calculation, but it only shows the load memory requirements of the program, not the HW. I've seen systems where the actual load memory required was at least 2x as big as what the compiler said.

You can try a factory reset on the CPU and see if that helps.
I was going to comment something similar to this, but if you try to download a project that's too large then the error message tells you exactly that without mentioning a memory card. I also don't think that there's a way to specify in the hardware configuration if you're using one or not.

What may help is putting the CPU to stop mode when downloading. I've found that if you're nearly at the memory capacity it will refuse to download while in run mode.