error with FB IN S7

robert mooli

Hi guys out there , there is an FB ( parameter assignable), this block is called by other blocks with corresponding instant blocks, but FB150, DB 250(instance), when we call it in OB1 it is idicated in RED , when we try to open the instance DB it shows TIME STAMP CONFLICTS ERROR, SO THE INTRELOCKS IN THIS SECTION IS NOT WORKING .
could any help please, am stuck

Hi
Firstly, from within the editor, go File->Check and Update Accesses. This may solve it otherwise you can delete the instance data block and generate it again by either:
1. Deleting the block in Simatic manager, then delete the "CALL FB150". When you re-type "CALL FB150" the editor will prompt you to generate the DB again.
2. Delete the DB in Simatic manager, then add a new data block (right mouse->insert new object->data block. It will allow you to create an instance data block of the type "FB150"

pp

Thanks pp how about the parameters which already exists in the instant data block, whewre will retrieve them after deleting the instant data block .

If you generate an instance db, it will have the same structure as the FB interface. This is done automatically.
I think you'll have to write down the input/output parameters and manually enter them if the "Check and Update Accesses" doesn't work.

As a rule, if you modify the interface of an FB, the instance data block is going to need some attention afterwards.

FB.jpg

Hope this helps

pp

Tip,

if the timestamp has changed because you modified your FB the call in OB1 will be red, but if you haven't changed the DB i.e. if you haven't changed any of the I/O parameters, just put the cursor in the
"CALL FBx, DBx" line (anywhere, but at the end is possibly easiest), then just delete one character and retype it. That way the editor recognises the change and reloads the FB, so giving it the correct Time Stamp, but you don't need to reenter all your parameters - saves a lot of hard work.

Like I always say, being TRULY lazy means finding the way to minimise work IN TOTAL! :D

RMA
If you just modify the code in an FB then nothing should go red I thought?

Your laziness :) inspired me though. If you add // before the FB call, press return, then delete the //, it sees it as re-entering the call and all the parameters remain.

You've got loads to try now, Robert!

pp

I'm not too sure of exactly when it happens, but I'm 99% sure that I've had it go red even when I haven't changed the parameter area (i.e. the DB)

Funnily enough I've only noticed this in OB1, not when calling one FB from another, or from an FC, no idea why!

The trick with the comments was the first one I discovered, then I found out tht just deleting and reentering one character was enough.

I must try it sometime, but I suspect deleting a trailing (and therefore irrelevant) space might also do the trick:

I'm sure I have noticed this when editing the code (as opposed to parameters) in the FB, it still gives a time-stamp conflict so you have to update the block call - no biggy as long as you go round and get them all. I have also noticed this with calls from other FBs,FCs etc.not just OB1.