euchner eks

timmy87

So I am looking at installing an external rfid key reader with four out puts that will go to my plc(AB)(in puts) and want to use them as user levels for my HMI. any good ideas out there on how to do so? in other words have the have an in put on the plc turn on a bit to unlock buttons on the hmi

What software do you use for the HMI ?

Does your HMI project already use Users and Passwords and its security subsystem for page/object access, or will you be starting from scratch ?

an rfid tag has a lot of information in it and is ranges from 16 bytes to 128 bytes and is composed of alphanumeric data. you need to look into what rfid tags you will use, what is contained in them, how to program them, how to scan them and interpet the data, what format you are storing the information in, and how to get it to the plc / hmi

I have been dealing with this for over 6 months, so please do your homework.
it's not as simple as you may think, at least my application wasn't that simple.

james

its going to be on a new machine that we do not have yet. i belive it will have a panelview. and as far as the rfid reader, 4 keys, each will send a different out put that i will use as an in put on the plc.

My experience with the Euchner EKS is that is uses an application to code the RFID Tag with whatever information you require (in this case it will be security level).

What we used previously- we would then used the User String to compare against a wonder ware database which would log people in and out.

I cant say i've used the digital outputs- but if you have 4. Then you could code up to 15 security levels (1111 in Binary) then just let the PLC work out what security level has been accepted through your digital inputs- simples.

I have some custom documentation I can give you if you need it (I will have to vet it for customer details, but thats a 5 minute job). Just send me a PM or something

Regards

Daniel.