EX260 Ethernet/IP slave connection problem

Auotor

Hello there. I have bougth a SMC EX260 SEN-1 ethernet/ip slave and i want to control it from windows PC (with Modbus TCP may be?). Is it possible?
When i connected it to my PC the NS bulb is green flashing , which means , that "Connection is not established" and it is recomended to check master, but i don't have Ethernet/IP master at all. It is also reccomended to use RSLogix 5000 program to configure device, but i think it's about configuring master, not PC.
Is there any sugestions to solve my problem? I'm a begginer. Thanks.

Welcome!

No, you can't use it with ModBus. There are ModBus variants you would need to purchase instead.

There are resources (EDS, sometimes AOP) available for the EX range on the SMC website (USA site is best), but these are for adding to a Compact or Control Logix using Studio 5000.