Example of multi-turn actuator controlling

Hello dear experts! I am new in controlling tasks. I need to regulate an oxygen flow rate on the compressor outlet by AUMA SAR 10.2 multi-turn actuator with AUMATIC AC01.2 control (4-20 mA position setpoint and 4-20 mA feedback signal). Control system is based on ControlLogix 5000 platform (1756-L73 CPU, 1756-IB32, 1756-IF16, 1756-OF4).
Could you please give me any example of this task or similar task solution? Or please advice where can I find an information about it? Any your help I will appreciate a lot 🍻.

Best Regards, Oleksandr.

Last edited:
You will need a flow signal in.
You set a setpoint.
PID controller will evaluate the signals and send output to the valve.
You might want to compare output signal and feedback signal from valve for discrepancy.
You should probably add a minimum opening to make sure valve does not close completely under operation.

I can not help you with the code, but there should be plenty examples in the forum. Check the search function.

Thank you very much for fast reply!
So, if I understand correctly, I should put the setpoint and present values in m3 per hour (flow rate) on the appropriate inputs of PID block, and then take PID output value in range 0-100% as a setpoint for valve. Then I should unscale 0-100% to 4-20 mA signal on analog output and send it to actuator.
Where in PID should I use the valve feedback signal? Or may be I can only monitor it and compare with PID output value?

Hi,

Yes that is how I would do it.

I am not familiar with the AB software, but in my applications I compare output value to feedback value separately. If deviation is larger than X% for Y amount of time alarm is initiated.