exaopc server connection

atomtm

Hello everyone!
I am trying to connect to an EXAopc server from yokogawa. The Opc client can list the DA servers but once connected I get callback errors.
The server is using EXA as user. Is there a default password I can use for this?
Thank you in advance

Hello. If I understand correctly EXAopc is OPC "Classic". If the OPC client and the OPC server are running in different PCs you need to do a number of DCOM settigns. Are the EXAopc server and the OPC client running on the same PC or in different PCs?

They run on different machines and communicate through the network.
Well I got some progress today and can connect through Matrikon OPC explorer, but for some reason softing OPC (which is the required client by the way) is not possible to enumerate the remote opc instances. If I connect with the a username that is present also on the.server I can enumerate the opc instances on the remote server but can t get realtime values.
OPC expert also works correctly. So anything but softing software which I think is something related to dcom permissions ...

Last edited:
Hello again. The attachment is an old Softing technote for DCOM settings. In my experience, whoever has a look at this document solves all DCOM problems. I recommend you give it a quick look. It might be helpful.